Rollei Press Release
6.3 megapixels and a 3x zoom lens for top results with the new Rollei Prego dp6300.
The imposing panorama from your last holiday, poster-size. A candid shot of your girlfriend, A3-size. Whoever would like to blow up his or her digital photos should turn to a high-pixel camera. Like the powerful new Rollei Prego dp6300 with its 6.3 megapixels. In its stylish and rugged stainless-steel body, with a 3x zoom lens and a 4x digital zoom as well as numerous custom modes and manual settings, the Prego dp6300 makes professional-quality photos accessible to amateur photographers.
The versatility of the Prego dp6300 is hard to beat: If you wish to send your friends a brief video message or record a particularly memorable scene from your holiday trip, capture a video clip with 320x240 pixels � even with sound because a loudspeaker and microphone are built in. Your video clips or photos can be recorded on SD cards with up to 512 MB and transmitted to a computer or TV set via the USB or video port (NTSC, PAL). And of course, there is an ample choice of recording formats: from JPEG (EXIF 2.2) and TIFF right up to AVI.
Optimum image quality is ensured by a 6.3-megapixel CCD sensor plus a high-quality zoom lens f/2.8-4.7 with focal lengths from 7.2 to 21.6 mm (equivalent to 35-105mm in 35mm photography). In addition to its 3x optical zoom, the Prego dp6300 has a 4.4x digital zoom. Depending on the intended use, pictures can be taken with fine, coarse or standard resolution or in TIFF mode (only with 2816x2116 pixels).
Automatic focusing is possible from 0.8 m to infinity, macrofocusing from 9 to 80 cm. Shutter speed is controlled automatically from 8s to 1/1500 s. An easy-to-read 2.0" TFT color monitor displays the different settings. An optical real-image zoom viewfinder with eyesight correction makes for easy framing.
There is an ample choice of individual settings that can be varied for each photo. Thus you can choose between single frames and continuous shooting (five images) or bracketing (-0.67 EV, 0 EV and +0.67 EV). A dial controls shooting modes such as programmed AE, AV, TV, manual, portrait, sports and night. A built-in flash unit comes in handy when the light is low; it can be set to Auto, Off, Forced or Red-eye reduction. White balance with an auto mode plus presets for manual, daylight, cloudy, tungsten and fluorescent tubes 1 and 2 takes care of precise color balance even in critical lighting conditions. Exposure can be compensated either automatically or manually in one-third increments over +/- 2.0 EV.
- Sensor: 1/1.8" CCD, 6.3 megapixels
- Image resolution: 2816x2112 pixels, 2272x1704 pixels 1600x1200 pixels, 640x480 pixels
- Video clips (with sound): 320x240 pixels
- Sensitivity: Auto, equivalent to ISO 50, 100, 200
- Image quality: Fine, Standard, Coarse, TIFF (available only with 2816x2112 pixels)
- Storage medium: SD card up to 512 MB
- LC display: 2.0" TFT color monitor
- Microphone and loudspeaker: built in
- Recording formats: JPEG (EXIF 2.2), AVI, DCF 1.0, DPOF 1.1, TIFF
- Lens: 3x zoom lens f2.8-4.7 HFT; 7.2-21.6mm (equivalent to 35-105mm in 35mm photography)
- Zoom: Optical 3x, digital 4.4x
- Focusing: Autofocus from 0.8 m to infinity
- Macrofocusing: 9 cm to 80 cm
- Shutter speeds: Automatic control from 8 s to 1/1500 s
- Shooting modes: Single frames and continuous shooting (5 frames), bracketing (-0.67 EV, 0 EV, +0.67 EV)
- Optical real-image viewfinder: With eyesight correction
- Exposure compensation: Automatic; manually over +/- 2.0 EV in 1/3 increments
- Exposure modes: Programmed AE, AV, TV, manual, portrait, sports, night
- White balance: Auto, manual, daylight, cloudy, tungsten, fluorescent tubes 1 and 2Flash modes: Auto/forced/off/red-eye reduction Self-timer: 2s or 10s delay
- Interfaces: USB, video (NTSC, PAL), AC/DC
- Power supply: Lithium-ion battery, AC adapter
- Dimensions (mm/wxhxd) : 94 x 63 x 35
- Weight: 180 g (without SD card and battery)
- Contents: Rollei Prego dp6300, USB and video cables, 1x lithium-ion battery, 32MB SD card, wrist strap, case, AC adapter, software: Mr. Photo, Image Folio, CD with drivers and operating instructions
- PC: Windows 98/SE/ME/2000/XP, 64MB RAM, 128 MB free disk space, CD-ROM drive, USB interface
- Apple Macintosh: Version 8.6 or higher, 64MB RAM, 128 MB free disk space, CD-ROM drive, USB interface
Specifications subject to change without notice.