14 September, 2006 8:55 AM
LivingRoom is now three groups again.
We've been through a number of versions over the past 3.5 years:
- We started as a small group of 7 (including 1 child) in February 2003 (our goal was always to multiply rather than grow into one large group).
- We then decided to test the theory of multiplying in May 2005 and moved into three groups (I think we were 25 in number - including 5 children).
- Earlier this year we merged two of the groups together as we had a number of people traveling.
- Last night we made the decision to move back to three groups as we now have 33 people coming along (including 5 kids).
Our groups were chosen this time largely on logistical and relational lines.
The groups are:
- Two Wednesday night groups - they'll continue to meet in the evenings over either a meal or dessert in a similar style to how we've previously met
- One Sunday afternoon group - we've had an increasing amount of people with kids interested in participating with LivingRoom but a midweek night meeting just hasn't worked for them. This group will be exploring what it means to do all age worship - trying to create space for interaction between kids and adults, creating space for kids alone and for adults alone.
While we don't generally advertise for people to join LivingRoom we do have people enquire about it quite a bit. If you're one of them (or have been thinking about it) now might be a good time as our groups are new mixes of people and will spend the next few weeks working out their new rhythms and relationships which might make settling in a little easier for new people.
If you're interested - have a read of our FAQ page for some information on who we are and what we do and then feel free to shoot me an email.