17 January, 2004 10:40 AM
At Soul Survivor tomorrow I'm talking about the 3 Journeys of the Livingroom.
I want to give those attending some starting points and resources for thinking about their faith in these three areas. These are the books and resources I've come up with off the top of my head on each journey. I'll be giving out this link tomorrow at SS.
Please leave your suggested additions (and which journey they fit best into) to the list in comments and I'll add them (NB I'm trying to develop a list that will not only help mature and older Christians but young ones too - anything you can suggest will be very helpful).
Inner Journey - Connecting with God
- Examen of Consciousness - Ancient reflective exercise.
- Lectio Divina - Ancient way of praying through Scripture.
- SOAP Life Journalling - A more modern way of meditating upon Scripture.
- - is good on all three journeys.
- - a good book on holistic spirituality which picks up on all three journeys.
- Labyrinth Australia - Labrynth UK - Good for all journeys
- Cultivating a Heart for God - Neil Cole
Outer Journey - Connecting with the World
- Ignition - a 12 week missional exploration of Acts for small groups.
- . How to grow missional communities.
- Eyes Wide Open - Michael Frost
Together Journey - Connecting with one another
- Renovare - small groups meeting together for prayer, sharing and accountability.
- - Spiritual Direction together. Picks up all three journeys. (suggested by Hamo
- - How Friends and Mentors Can Make Your Faith Grow. (suggested by Paul
- - How God Shapes Us Through Relationships. (suggested by Paul